Thanksgiving Point put on a model train show and I was hesitant to go since I thought bringing a 2 year old to a 'no-touch-only-look' deal would not go well. We only had one incidence where Brenden reached over to touch the train while his parents weren't looking. Sneaky fella.
He didn't speak or utter any sounds for the first bit....it was like he was trying to soak all this in. Could it be true? An entire room full of trains? Cool.

Above was Harry Potter's village with the platform 6 3/4 or something like that as well as the building that spreads apart for the secret meeting (Sorry HP fans, I don't really know Harry Potter details real well. They're all wizards, Harry is the best, Can't say the "V"guy's name, giants are good, snakes are bad....)
Below is Star Wars

Mt Rushmore, star wars, war planes, and typical village. The details on these things was astounding. These guys have alot of patience.

Mesmerized. And Brenden, too.

It was definitely impressive the variety and attention to detail the model train aficionados put into their work.

Some cool legos. Pirate mountain, the Kraken up close, Kraken with 2 other pirate ships with a middle east building in background.



Old school Choo-Choo

Brenden loves engine #1-Thomas the train. Grandma gave him a remote control Thomas, but it busted after about a week. Was good while it lasted.

Maddy bought little B a train man hat and I got him a Thomas the train pillow...great booty for a model train show. (Some people were trying to sell authentic looking old model trains for almost $100 a car. Ridiculous).

Maddy came up to help me drive down to Vegas after my mom had surgery. We went directly from picking her up at the airport, to the model train show, to lunch at JCW's burger joint with Steph and John. It was fun to have her up here and fun to visit home.

This painting reminded me of little B and yes, I really wanted to get it for B, but it's not in the cards for now.

Some other cool train paintings. I think they had some set in the era when riding the rails was a common way to get from one state to the next.

Even in the car...still checking out all the trains. He probably had dreams about trains that night..
1 comment:
Oh man, I wish you had told us! Ammon would have FREAKED! It must be an April 20th thing! By the way, KMS is the cutest! (I'm so glad her name isn't Polly... PMS would not be cool initials!) Miss you! Ev
Post a Comment