Friday, February 26, 2010

Mom has surgery and Court gets cake

Parents often think, "I have the most beautiful baby in the world". They think their child is far above the rest. It's a common thing. And I don't think it's a bad thing, either. I happen to think the same...except about my parents. They are good. Real good.
Mom had surgery last month and gave us all a scare. I jumped at the chance to take a trip to Vegas to spend some time with her. I went down there expecting to have to do her hair in the morning and fix the dinners at night...but she was back teaching early morning seminary the very next day. What a champ. What else did I expect from the woman who birthed her last 4 children all natural with no epidurals??
Dad is a pretty good guy too. Today is his Birthday (or it was when I began this post). Texted him late last night to try to be the first...somewhere along the way it became a competition to see who could wish the birthday person happiness first. Then, when B and I woke up at 7 (6 Vegas time) we called Dad in hopes we were first. No answer. So we left a message. B said, "Appy B-da Pop Pop. Ov uuu."

More often than not, I'll exit the freeway at Losee instead of Craig rd in hopes of catching Grandpa at work. No such luck this time. He had some meeting across town or something.
But there are plenty of other people to see-family and old friends to say hello to- so the kids get out and stretch a bit...or they jump back in a carseat when they've been strapped down for 6 hours already! What? Weird kid.... (in hallway right next to Casey's office)
15

Alright, let's go home and see Pop Pop. Not there either, let's call him....
19

Everything takes about twice as long these days...
18

Pop Pop took forever to get home and had a hard time staying there...we unfortunately arrived during a week that he had alot of meetings for work and church so we didn't see him a whole lot :(
But Grandma was there and Brenden decided to wait patiently for her to arrive after teaching early am seminary.
garage3

And waited............

garage2

Wait! I think I hear her car coming!!!

b garage


During our trip, there was another birthday. We celebrated Court's birthday by going to Red Robin, eating Texas Sheet cake and opening presents. It was a good day. And apparently B thought so too :)
17

Either Jared is really boring or he drugged my boy
16

Court chose Red Robin for dinner
14

Then home for some cake and ice cream
A glimpse into the future...
13

And yet another one
12
(Dad was out getting Court's present, so we had to stall for time till he arrived).
10

Brenden is just getting some suds off K's bare bum...?
11

One content Uncle. It's cause your wife is having a birthday, right??!
9

So many candles :)
7

B helps Court
6

And Court helps Kyleigh
5

The inseparable two
4

DEFINITELY time to put the camera down...Texas Sheet cake is an old family favorite (anyone remember when we started the tradition of having it for every birthday?) Hey Ash, we're having cake....cake, Ash....cake....Ash?
3

Court gets a Shark (which is actually pretty cool. I love the sterilize option. I should probably look into that with the previous owners having indoor dogs and a baby who is about to start crawling. Yuck.)
court

And this urn, I mean vase. (It was Steph who thought it looked like an urn. I'm just quoting her) :)
Brenden thought it was pretty funny to try to throw toys down into the vase.
court2

We told him not to, so he went over to have a chat with the Christus.
christus4

Holding hands.
christus3


christus

How nice to play outside in January and not have to come in after 30 minutes with pink fingers frozen from the elements.
cat and b

Dad did make it out to Mom's Dr appt to discuss the results from the surgery, so we also carted 2 kids to see Pop Pop while we had the chance.
dad4

Grandpa let B have a 'sip' of his drink, so his lap was unoccupied. Kyleigh now had a chance for some one-on-one time with her Grandpa while B did circles around the waiting room chairs.
dad3

dad2

#2 sure enjoys Pop Pop just as much as #1 does.
dad

So happy and glad to have spent time with my parents. They're pretty neat people. Quite enjoyable to be around.
I think we should do it again....soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails