Sunday, March 21, 2010

Trial #1

Trent has been waiting a long time for this. He walked in the door last Monday, told us how great the weather was and what a perfect evening for a quick hike up to Ensign Peak. It's just north of the Capitol Building and  although it wasn't as short as promised and Brenden was late to bed, it was good we went. Last year we were severely limited to which hikes our little family could participate in. I was in my last trimester and not feeling up to walking for a few hours up and down mountainsides.I think we finally made it on one about a week or so before I delivered Kyleigh...we (I) was trying to encourage her to join us...so we could go on more hikes sooner, of course.
This was our first trial: hiking with 2 small children. Kyleigh's brother was an excellent baby to tote around in a sling or carrier. He could fall asleep in the backpack carrier. We hoped Kyleigh would follow suit...and she did. She was great. Not a whine or whimper. Brenden got a little tired from walking during a few stretches so Trent and I took turns carrying him.

Hiking gear for Utah in March


8

Almost every body part covered. It was needed.
7


Downtown SLC in back. My happy little hikers in front. These guys make the hiking experience pleasant.
6

I offered to carry Brenden but was overruled. 
5

About halfway
4

North Salt Lake and the Great Salt Lake
3

Pretty to hike during sunset.
2


1


16


15
Brenden was required to hold our hands during this part.

14

Worth it. Very beautiful.
13



12

Brenden sometimes grabs our faces to get our attention.
11


10

Monkey man
9

25

24

Suns almost completely out, time to start back.
23

Creepy/Halloween feel to go through here. Spring has definitely not touched this area yet.
22


21

Deer tracks
20

B wanted to go down the hill by himself, but thought it was too steep in this section, apparently. He used to go backwards on stairs when he was first learning. Must be a security thing.
19

That must've been too slow, so it was time to try it on his butt.
18


17

Trail #1 a success. Here's to many more summer hikes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails