Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Moms

Moms are pretty special. At least mine is. Maybe it's cause she raised 6 awesome kids. :) Or possibly because she can beat any of us kids with her backhand.....in tennis, people, tennis! She has received her high school diploma several times over. An eagle, a couple YW recongitions, and played chauffeur too many hours to count. I'm glad she let Steph and I play bobbysox softball even though it took 20-30 min to get there and then another 20 min back....just to do it again in an hour or so. She always wanted to know how our dates went...and got just as excited as we did over a new budding relationship.
The lesson I remember best from her is LOVE. When we were good, she let us know and told us she loved us and was proud of us, and the best treat was how she molded us to be better when we weren't so good...she killed us with kindness. She has taught, showed, and given Love so much for so long, we decided to give her Love back. 

Making some LOVE.
cut
(Just got home from a softball game. A girl in the neighborhood asked if I play softball, I was so excited there was a league around here...guess I didn't get the memo that it was fast pitch. What? I haven't played fast pitch in over 10 years!! Luckily, I didn't strike out during my first at bat. The girls are way fun and it's sooooo nice to be outdoors wearing 2 pairs of sweats, wool socks, long sleeve shirt and 2 sweaters while trying to catch, throw and hit a ball. Man, we look funny. Utah.....)

It begins with the letter L...
L

This was a cute O, but since we weren't going for 'cute and formal', we had to pass on this photo and use the next one...
cute O

...cause this one was alot more sinister looking. Looks like she's about to cast a spell on me and the camera.
O

Someone's excited about holding a paper V....
V

I wish I could say we put the E backwards on purpose. It wasn't until we were in the car about to drive away and I was looking at the pictures we took on the camera that I noticed I held the E backwards. Neither I nor the cameraman (Trent) noticed, but it worked out with the non-serious/formal theme.
E


Walmart-posterboard; Neighbors yard-photo shoot; Walmart-frame-nope...go to Micheals for frame-yes!; Costco-print photos; Post Office-insert photos into landscape frame that just happens to have 4 slots for 4x6 photos and Mom gets her Mothers Day gift of LOVE...........
Collage







Thank you Micheals!
framed


Once the neighbor's girl, Ava, came outside, it was alot harder to keep his attention towards the camera. But worth it. Mom is definitely worth it. Could not have asked for another one with greater Love than she...
brendenO
...Or more beautiful.
cute lady

3 comments:

Meg and Brad said...

That's a great idea!!

Jordan and Jodi said...

How cute! I love it! I have been thinking about your parents a lot lately, while reading the conferences talks from this last conference. Jordan and I were talking and I asked what family or parents from his youth would he say he admired. I said your parents. Great marriage, great examples, and great parents!

Stephanie said...

This turned out so cute!!! I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails