When Grandpa and Grandma were up here for B's birthday, we went to the zoo and rode the rails. Brenden has wanted to go back since. He says, "Mom. Zoo. Chooch." He's been a good boy, so we went. I checked the weather. We had high wind advisory with a 2 hour window of decent weather from 12-2. Right when Kyleigh got up from her morning nap, we loaded up and headed to the zoo. Frankly, I had visions of a track star toddler running into and through throngs of people while I attempted, but failed, to keep up with him and lost him. I hate to strap a kid down at the zoo where he's supposed to be able to be free and run around...if not at the zoo...where else is he supposed to be able to run? But, thankfully, my fears were unfounded and he actually stayed right next to me and came when I called. Perhaps he knew this was a test run to see whether I could make a solo zoo trip with 2 kids without Trent...and if successful...he would be able to go again. Smart move, Brenden. Smart. We made our 2 hour window and enjoyed fairly great weather (we're in Utah...and it's the end of April but both kids are in jackets still). All the animals were especially active...but B was interested in one thing...
Train time! This is his happy place.
Getting a little anxious that the people are taking so long to board.
B has a one track mind already....trains, not pictures.
But he's nice to his momma and smiled pretty for the camera. Now Kyleigh has issues...
Baby girl all fixed.
Saying good bye to the playground area. Nice to have an area for parents to rest after running around a few acres. I was able to feed Kyleigh while stationary instead of inbetween exhibits.
Love little toes.
When little B is focused, but happy, he wears a faint smile. love it.
Don't make these guys mad and be sure to keep hands and feet inside during this stretch...
Taking lessons...
I think this is his first experience with the blue stuff. Every kid needs to try some cotton candy. It's healthy.
Shy guy. Even the animals know it's supposed to be warmer outside already!
Popular photo spot
I didn't want the same ol' pose, so we mixed it up a little...
...and he really got into it....
Great trip. Will do it again. Train, zoo, cotton candy, and the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. That's all that matters, anyway.
3 comments:
You can totally do two kids on your own! Good for you for braving it.
We are twin families!!! Thanks for your darling comments you always leave. You make me feel awesome! You have always been able to do that for others! I am obsessed with your little family. I so wish we lived closer. Our little ones would be best friends and I know we would have a blast together! Thanks for doing a great job documenting your family's life so I feel like I know whats going on!
Love you!
So how come your kids are sooo stinkin cute! K i absolutley love the one where your son is kneeling down by the lion and saying Roar!!! haa haaa Priceless!
Post a Comment