Baby girl was being especially sweet and cute tonight and since I had the camera out to record our Christmas this year, I just kept clicking away at her....
She has acquired such a unique personality as late. It is a wonder to sit on the couch and watch her play with her older brother. I call this my 'paycheck smile'. It's all worth it to be on the receiving end of one of these....
I think I found my new favorite of her...
Brenden adding some trimming to our tree.
My version of a snow man on the right. (Store bought, never melts, can be used forever). Trent's and Brenden's on the left. So it's homemade? Big deal.
Savers happened to have 3 Christmas trains!!! It was meant to be :) And the biggest one was a whopping $3.99. I sure appreciate stores that allow me to be the coolest Mom to a train aficionado.
Remember this Candelabra from this post?
Well, it was a shame to waste all that time and effort spent, so we redid a few things (bought Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and redid the whole candelabra so that it's not black anymore. Spray painted the beads to Burgundy, bought some magnetic Lamp Charms/beads to dangle and threw in some festive ribbon).
Nice to get double duty out of the thing.
Brenden is behind the tree in case his Dad needs any extra muscle. What a thoughtful kid.
Brenden was so excited to be involved in every, single, little step to get this Christmas season officially started. Several times over, Trent and I kept looking at each other and saying how we now understand why it's hard when the parents don't have small children in the house anymore. We're excited but we don't make comments like "YES!! Red Ornaments!" "Tool! Some lights!" {Translation tool=cool} "Santa happy"
Brenden wanted to 'man' the camera. I let him. I often have to check my phone when I get it back from him and delete muchos photos that he likes to take of anything and everything. Some come back unrecognizable.
As soon as we get some lights for the top section of the tree, Christmas is officially here at our house! And all members are pretty darn excited about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment