For some reason he started telling me Daddy was tough but Mommy wasn't. And in case you can't understand his brendenese, he says its cause I'm a girl. Before the video, his explanation was more detailed...that only boys are tough, so dad is a boy, he is tough, and B is a boy and he is tough too. But sissy and Mommy are girls, so we are not tough. I hope he refers to brute strength, because yes, boys are much 'tougher'. I cannot carry a Christmas tree up the stairs by myself, or lift a washer and dryer up 3 stairs by myself, or push around a lawn mower without getting winded.
But thats ok. As long as he comes to me first when he's hurt and gives me the edge on the nurturing role, Dad can be the 'tough' one.
(Last night he hit the back of his head on his dresser and after crying a bit, before he would get up, he asked me to kiss it better. I gladly obliged....because Moms have special healing powers in their kisses....at least when their friends aren't around).
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
No comments:
Post a Comment