Thursday, February 7, 2013

Disney On Ice

Kyleigh and I went to Disney On Ice's Rockin Ever After on MLK Jr. weekend. I got so excited to tell Kyleigh what we were going to do...and I bought the tickets on the way home from Ice Skating at Lock 3 downtown...so I youtube-d a video of a past Disney on Ice and showed it to Kyleigh. Her eyes got so big and she was wondering why we weren't going right now? When we got into the house, I went over to the computer and showed her another video, and then she wanted another...and another...and another.....

She barely survived the Sunday inbetween our ice skating escapade when I showed her the videos and the Monday we went to the show.
Luckily, I knew enough to bring her Princess dress, and earring (couldn't find the other one and she refused to take the one off), and necklace and tiara.  Some girls there even had the fake high heels on walking around the stadium seating. I drew the line at shoes.
 We were a little early but there was a pre-show going on and Kyleigh was afraid she was missing something. She was not pleased that we weren't just walking into the first aisle and seats that she saw when she walked in....couldn't understand the concept of finding our assigned seats. And when I tried to feed her anything, she was utterly put out...like the thought of using any of her senses except the strict use of her visual was thoughtless and cruel.

The show had Ariel, Rapunzel, Belle and Merida. But for the pre-show, they brought out Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Cinderella's evil step-sisters.

Ariel's sisters doing their song and dance...only to find Ariel missing!

Out looking for male companionship.

This was her expression for the majority of the show: 


A glow in the dark number
 Disney pays attention to every detail. Every Princess had their own prop hanging from the ceiling, designed lights on the ice, and some tricky moves in detailed costumes.

Making the deal with Ursala...

She went into Ursala's cave or something in the ice and then held onto this rope which was signaling her ascent out of the ocean with newly sprouted legs. 
 Ariel was one of the better dancers of all the Princesses, she had some cool moves.


Couple videos

Ariel doing some aerial
 





Second act was Rapunzel with Flynn



Going to a bar on your first date...kinda sketchy.


Complete with "they just can't get my nose right"

Cleaning, reading, cooking and painting all before 7:15am...

Hiding from an intruder into her tower.

He was asking for it anyway...


Constantly fighting. Not a good way to start off a relationship. Disney Princesses usually meet their prince in the woods, kiss, dance and get married the next day.
 (In other news, today Kyleigh asked me if I married Daddy in the temple and danced at the temple. I had to break her heart and tell her that I did not dance with her Daddy when I got married at the Temple. She was probably thinking....but that's how they do it in all my movies!!! Mom, you didn't do it right!)

Can you imagine being the skater in the back of this horse? He drew the short straw. Or made one of the producers mad.



What good is a Princess without a decent tiara. And this one was hand-delivered stolen.






She was on top of the world happy after watching these skaters, dancing, Princesses and music. And this was only the intermission!!





Merida started our 2nd half. She was great. She really had the free flowing spirit in her dancing/skating.

Mom kept trying to tell her what to do.

Merida and her Mom video




I don't care how manly you think you are, I saw plenty of Dads in the stands and they were all equally engrossed as the Moms and kids. This stuff is cool and fun. 

She came into the world a Princess and had to act like one. How inconsiderate.

After seeing her options of suitors, she was even more anxious to get out of the deal.


The three tribes vying for 1 girl. They even had the Batchelorette in yonder years.

Tribes video


This was pretty boy with the flowing locks of hair. 

The suitor who no one could understand but he can break a small log in half.

Skinny boy who is never quite sure what is going on trying to climb out from behind the muscular guy.


The first arrow is shot.

He missed the bulls eye and threw a royal fit.

Last guy is shooting in the wrong direction. Everyone takes cover.

She hit the target...and with an arrow that had flames shooting from it.



Belle, Gaston and Beast were the last act. More shooting sparks.

Establishing his dominance and head suitor.





Playing with her toy, but eyes firmly fixed on the ice ahead.

'Bout to go pick himself out a wife.


'Bout to pick herself out a book.




Don't take the book from the girl. She'll knock you down.


Belle found her way to a cool Castle.

Kyleigh is scared of this guy. When she watches Beauty and the Beast, she asks to go past the scary parts of the Beast.

Be my guest.
Classic song:
a
  a




I'm with Belle....this would be cool.

Lit torches to kill the beast.



Gaston's last moment on stage



After Belle, they had the closing act when all the Princesses and their men came together.





The face of a utterly happy girl with dreams of Princesses and dancing for days. Literally. She was thoroughly engrossed the entire time. I printed out some pictures of the show the next day so that she would have something to continue to look through as she talked about it.

Closing act videos.
a

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This looks SOOOOOO fun! I just looked up to see if it's coming here and it will be here in April! I was telling Eleanor about it and showing her pictures and videos and she thinks it's Disneyworld. Great! We can go to "disneyworld" for $12 instead of the real thing for like $1200 :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails