Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Family in town. Happy Times.

Finally the day came when the kids didn't have to count any more sleeps. Bama and Poppy came into town and brought Aunt Maddy. I thought I was excited to show them the surprise we'd prepared, but I guess Trent was even more anxious. He asked to kids to show Bama and Poppy the surprise we had for them upstairs. Brenden has just about one thing on his mind and it was trains, so instead of the surprise Trent was thinking of, B brought them into the play room for some train action. After successfully hooking the engine up to its freight, Trent reminded the kids about the 'other' surprise. They were so good and didn't blurt it out, just told them to come to Kyleigh's old room...

 The moment of recognition... :)

The kids went with me to Party City to pick out balloon colors for the door. At the time, the lab results from my bloodwork said I was about 6-8 weeks, so I put November on the sign. But the day my parents arrived, I had an OB visit and the nurse heard the heartbeat, so I had to be at least 10 weeks. Then after they left, I had an ultrasound to measure the baby and it was confirmed that I was 10 weeks, so I'm due Oct. 24th. 

The next morning, we had breakfast at a fine establishment. One of Mom's favorites;)

Then we drove straight to Amish country. Found a guy plowing his fields with some big horses. Bout 5 of them.

Lunch was at an Amish joint. They served Broasted chicken which was marinated hand breaded & pressure fried. Click here to see pictures and the full menu. Very juicy piece of chicken. At first they told us the wait was going to be around 30 minutes, but I don't think we waited more than 15. Brenden and Poppy barely had time to grab some popcorn at a nearby joint. Meanwhile Mom and Maddy played a mini version of Corn hole. They both scored!


Then we hit Lehman's. So much to see inside. Maddy said it was like a tardis from Dr. Who....it was a whole lot bigger once you stepped inside. 

Gave K Mae a little piano lesson. 

I really like the signs in this place. 

Bama found the old gas pump-turned gumball machine. One of her fun little indulgences. 

More great signs. 


Kids toy area is huge.


I could see a bunch of these in my garage someday. 

But the fan favorite of the kids is the train that is hooked up inbetween first and second floors. Ever since seeing this train, the kids have been praying that they can have a train on their wall. No matter how many times we tell them it's not happening, they still ask. 


But Trent did buy B a toy....just happens to be one that Trent said he's always wanted. 

Sunday we had a few of the world's fastest and best spaghetti creators. Saute onion and garlic in butter. Add ground beef and hot Italian sausage, then the spaghetti sauce, an extra can of diced tomatoes...not just any can will do...and when it's almost done, throw on a couple leaves of fresh basil, chopped. Oh my. It was as good as it sounds. Add some french bread that has a healthy spread of butter and chopped onion that was warmed in the oven...and you have a meal that will send just about anyone to bed for a nap...some even get almost 3 hours or so ;)
Poppy introduced Brenden to the olives on the fingers gig. B loved them.


While we waited for lunch to be finished, Poppy read Kyleigh a book. Innocent enough...


 ....until the book is done and it provides the perfect means for added torment, I mean fun, for the kids.

Kyleigh didn't even have a chance for escape. 
 B on the other hand, saw it coming...

...and got out just in time.

Kyleigh took all the beating. But I don't think she minded much. 





After naps, we snuck over to Poppy and Bama's hotel room to wake them up before they slept straight through to the next morning. Poppy had airplanes and jets on his laptop. He also found a cool amusement park that was indoors. Plans were set for the next day.
A little hide and seek in the hotel room. Back to our place for strawberry shortcakes and to watch The Hobbit. Great movie. Great day overall.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails