Grandpa could be seen from any time of the day playing Gin. Usually it was always a different partner. We should have counted how many grandkids he taught how to play. He is very good. He either knows when you are about to lay down the cards and quickly gets rid of any high cards he has or beats you to it. You have to be on top of your game to play with him.

This is me and Court. The beach was cold.
Brenden and his Grandpa. Grandpa had to hold him most of the time because 20 lbs gets heavy on an extended walk.
The crowd who went strolling from the beach house that you can see way in the distance to the rocks on the edge of the beach. I love a beach that has huge trees and greenery a few yards from the water.
Same picture but just waiting for Scott to get down from his Navy Seal training-climbing straight up the mud/rock cliff.
Sam, Em and Walker were minding their own business, trying to take a nice picture when the tide came crashing in. It was very quick....and made for a nice picture.
These 3 were usually in the kitchen. Tienen una mano de monja.
And Dad took care of all the grilling needs....and looks so excited for it.
He even cleaned the grill reeeeal nice the last night we were there.
On the way back home to the airport in Portland, we stopped at Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, OR and it was IMPRESSIVE. We tried to see everything they had and did get quite a bit done, but there was just too much to see in a couple hours. It was well worth the stop. (The first picture is not mine, but taken from their website. Click here to check them out.) This is the building just for the aviation section. You can see the wing span of the famous Spruce Goose. They have a video of the Spruce Goose and its inaugral flight as well as other stuff. They let you get in the main cabin part of the plane, but to get to the cockpit, you pay a small fee of $50. It says they put inflatable beach balls in the wings to help keep it bouyant.

B got tired of being pushed and wanted to do some pushing himself. Didn't even run into anyone.
Scott and Drake in front of the lunar lander.
Scott and Walker trying to land on the moon. I was horrible. Maybe I should have tried the beginner level.
Me and B in front of the Blackbird.
Great Grandpa trying a sneak attack. Brenden thought it was funny.
B holds on real tight to his Grandpa. Maybe b/c Grandpa is up to something and he can sense it. That is a very real possibility.
Court, B, my Dad, Drake and Walker in front of some planes. I should have brought home a brochure of what all these planes were and when they were used.
Another look at the Blackbird. It was impressive.
One of the first planes. I don't think the FAA would allow this anymore.
I like the upper frame of the Spruce Goose's wing hovering over several other planes.
Spruce Goose and the stairs where you can enter its belly.
This was at the Aquarium. Very well done also.
Some cousins.
A 4 generation shot.
Don't mind the sign behind Brenden.
I think this is all of the family who went to the Aquarium. A big blessing to be close to so many family members. Unfortunately not everyone could come this year. But we'll see them all in Phoenix for Thanksgiving.

Seal coming to give Baby B a kiss.
Inside a sharks jaw.
Some baby sting rays.
Fabulous pizza place in Portland. Recommended by Aunt Terri. Grandpa ordered a bunch of pizzas and we got to sample several flavors.
One of the things I told Trent when we got married that I could not compromise on was: Nestle Quik chocolate milk and Tillamook Cheese. They had more Tillamook products in Oregon than I have ever seen anywhere else-yogurts, etc. I think we had several different types of Tillamook cheese at most of our meals that week.

Drake with some curds.
A bird coming to attack my Dad taking its picture.
1 comment:
Love all the pictures...but what I really have to say is that Tillamook Cheese is the best!!
Post a Comment