We were very close to the valley.
Trees still had leaves at the time and lots of color....now it's a different story...pretty bare and ugly. The in-between stage with no colors or snow to blanket things with pretty to look at white.
Tree was so red it almost didn't look real.
Very short hike to the lake. Little further we heard there were waterfalls. We tried to make it to the waterfalls, but spent all our time throwing rocks in the river past the lake.
Nice thing about Utah-you don't have to travel far for good hiking and nice scenery.

Maybe there was a bear behind me and Trent was scaring it away. I can only guess...
Even Brenden enjoys the benefits of cool water from the camelback. This is one of my favorite inventions for the sport of hiking. Cool water in a more convenient carrying location.
Brenden enjoys this position because it gives his neck a break from having to look so far up all the time to participate in what is going on around him. It must be hard to be 2ft tall in a world where everyone and everything cool to look at is above 4-5 ft.
Highlight of trip for Brenden-throwing the rocks and sticks into the river. This time it wasn't so hard to keep him out of the water. Maybe he could feel from the rocks how cold it was and that it wasn't the best idea for a fun time.
Brenden really takes advantage of being let loose after being confined to a relatively small space. It's a struggle to get him back into the carrier at first when it's time to go home.
It started to get cold, so time to bundle up. I can't help but think he may be a future football or basketball player. If he stays in the 80% height, he may just get there.
"Pleeeeease Mom, can we stay? I don't wanna go home yet! Pleeeease?"
When I'm in the desert, I love the landscape there. When I'm in the mountains, I also love it. Good thing I'm fairly close to both to satiate my appetite for both.
1 comment:
How fun and how beautiful! Brenden has gotten so big! Ha ha, he's in the 80% and Simeon below the 5% :) It's funny how different those genes can be :)
Post a Comment