Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random Happenings...

Steph being cute with Brenden.

This was a perfectly timed picture because I took it right as Brenden fell and hit his head on the wall after sliding off Steph's back. I guess Steph just doesn't have enough girth on her to keep him from sliding off either side of her. He was ok though and when Trent and I got back from date night, Brenden didn't want to stay with us but took off with Steph when she left to go home....even though he was in his pj's and no shoes. (See picture below of Brenden escaping with Aunt Steph down the stairs without second thought of leaving mom and dad behind).


Brenden and I watched my sister-in-laws kids, Aspen, Jack and Cedar while Tree and Craig got to take a birthday trip down to the Manti temple. Aspen was a good help the whole day showing me the ropes of the normal routines. We got to visit the Herriman park which was really well done. These parks are getting alot more sophisticated than when I was a wee little girl. This was inbetween 4 baseball diamonds with a two-story lookout tower in the center. There was also 4 volleyball sand courts, a huge varied jungle gym for kids, pitching cage and I believe a rodeo arena close by. I think he felt at home being near the diamonds. I've actually passed several baseball gloves and keep telling myself not yet...I have to wait a little longer. To watch my little boy in any sporting event-baseball, basketball, football, soccer-is actually one of the mothering jobs I'm most looking forward to.
Saw this Boston Red Sox chair at the store, so I got it for Courtney. Brenden was testing out the merchandise for his future little cousins. :) He is not wearing a 'BYU dress'. It's just a basketball jersey for 5 year olds that I couldn't wait 3 years for him to try it on.
Brenden and I visited Trent's visiting teachees and they have a little girl a little older than Brenden. Her parents told her to give Brenden a hug and apparently she was quite excited to do so. It knocked him down she came at him with some force. It was cute to watch.
Tent city. Downtown SLC hosted an outdoors 'fair'. Trent and I wanted to stop by and see all the latest tents. Some are getting really sophisticated.
Trent modeling this one that has a porch, a center section which is more like a dining/play area, and two sides which are the sleeping areas. There was a kitchen center and entertainment gig all made for camping. Fun toys to look at and maybe plan for later.....
Tree took our family picture and on the way back to the cars, Aspen and Brenden had fun throwing the fallen leaves. She is a really fun cousin to Brenden. We're very happy she lives so close.
Brenden and vacuum cleaner trying to make friends again. They have a strained relationship.

Pitta catching the throw by Hall. These two are brothers-in-law and I don't think it hurts to have that added connection off the field when playing on the field. I love how much cameras can zoom these days.
A common occurance as we walk from our parked car to the stadium on BYU football game day is to see people riding tandem bikes. A cute one we saw lately was a father riding a tandem bike with his 4 or 5 year old son on the back. A good idea, I guess, to get there quickly instead of walking with little legs who aren't as fast as the adults.
Another funny site at the football game-an older gentleman wearing a 'sweet' shirt.

A quick, but pleasant visit from Trent's parents on their way back to Soda.
Another fun visit from Trent's parents when they came down for the BYU vs UNLV football game. This was the only game we brought Brenden to....I was happy that we had so many extra hands to watch him.
Ash sat by us during the game and Steph came by to visit. She came to the game wearing RED, but made a wise decision midway through-bought a fine looking BLUE shirt. Ash came wearing both red and blue so she could cheer for whichever team was winning ;) .
During my rotation of watching Brenden, I was following him and saw him walking toward a cute little girl. I quickly grabbed my camera thinking this was going to be a great shot of the 'first flirtings'. I snapped the shot right as he got to where the girl was, but instead of stopping like I thought he was going to do, he kept walking right on past her like she wasn't even there and went on to approach the boys in the background to see what chaos they were up to and if he could contribute. I was mistaken about his attention to girls....or so I thought....
...until I caught him checking out this cute little girl a few rows above us. Apparently he is a 'one-woman man' and the pink bow won over the no-bow girl. He likes them 'girly', I suppose.
Trying to keep the sun off his ultra-white skin, even though the hat doesn't quite fit. Thug shot complete with no smile.
Went in to get Brenden from his nap and this is what I found. Got the first part right, just couldn't quite figure out how to get the whole job done.
Trent did a fun FHE lesson for B about Nephi and broken bow. The costume includes: his bath towel, my headband, a broken hanger and highlighter for bow and arrow, and a stuffed animal. B might not have gotten alot out of the lesson, but it was funny to watch.
Trent and I went with a few of his co-workers and their wives to the first game of REAL Salt Lake in their brand new stadium. The opening game was complete with fireworks and other entertainment.
Very nice new field. Bad planning on exits though. Too many people crowded and getting angry after reaching one end of the stadium only to be told to go back the other way. Also, from some of the parking, you had to cross a makeshift wooden crate bridge over water and climb under some fence like the other 100 people in front of you.

Soccer ball was kicked up to the row right below us and these guys hid the ball and the group all around them and the row below kept telling the security guys who were trying to find the ball that it went over to the right. After awhile and the security guy gave up, the guy ended up throwing the ball back to the field.
My good friend Evelyn and I got to sit next to each other since our husbands work together. Reminded me of all the football and other BYU games we used to go together back in our college days. :) Don't make fun of my cone head. Nobody told me it was sticking 6 inches off my head.
My personal favorite part of the game. The little kids playing a scrimmage during the break. Some of them really got into it, like this kid who was even diving after the ball. Very smart to do so in front of your potential future coach.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Awesome sports family yall have! We are behind for sure in attendance at sporting events as a family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails