Is the coast clear?? Did anyone see that?

Who knew a kid could be such a meticulous planner? One morning last week, the first time Brenden told me he had to go potty, I jumped up out of my chair and he ran past me and climbed into the chair. I thought, 'oh, that's cute, good one B'. Then the 2nd time he did it, I thought, 'are you doing this on purpose? Kids aren't supposed to be such careful planners at this young age, right?' Then the 3rd time, he must have known I was going to be more weary of his designs, so when I got up, he ran into the bathroom with me only to run right back out and jump in my chair. What do I say to that? Get mad or just start laughing? I started laughing cause it was pretty tricky.

Who knew a kid could be such a meticulous planner? One morning last week, the first time Brenden told me he had to go potty, I jumped up out of my chair and he ran past me and climbed into the chair. I thought, 'oh, that's cute, good one B'. Then the 2nd time he did it, I thought, 'are you doing this on purpose? Kids aren't supposed to be such careful planners at this young age, right?' Then the 3rd time, he must have known I was going to be more weary of his designs, so when I got up, he ran into the bathroom with me only to run right back out and jump in my chair. What do I say to that? Get mad or just start laughing? I started laughing cause it was pretty tricky.
Brenden: 3
Nicole: 0
**Update: This evening as Trent and I are doing the nighttime ritual to put B to bed, we finish up with a little playing around since B has so much energy and is in a very humorous mood. All of a sudden, B looks up at me and says he has to go potty. Trent had just taken him, but he looked so serious so we opened his bedroom door to go to the bathroom. The moment the door was open, he ran out and turned in the wrong direction and heads toward the family room with all the toys. We bring him back in his room and he begins right away to resume the playtime. He, again, looks up at me and says he has to go potty. To give us some credit, he did smell like he might blow any minute, so we opened the door once again, believing that B was sincere. The moment he gets past his bedroom door, he 'books it' as fast as his little legs will pump to the family room, turns around and gives us a giant, cheesy grin like he just pulled off the biggest 'granddaddy' hoax. I turn around, walk into B's room where Trent is already laughing and we both try to hide how humorous Brenden looked and our obvious defeat being delivered to us by our 2 year old. Can't let him know that careful and cute trickery will get him out of the natural repercussions.
New count:
Brenden: 5
Nicole: 0
Nicole: 0
**Update: This evening as Trent and I are doing the nighttime ritual to put B to bed, we finish up with a little playing around since B has so much energy and is in a very humorous mood. All of a sudden, B looks up at me and says he has to go potty. Trent had just taken him, but he looked so serious so we opened his bedroom door to go to the bathroom. The moment the door was open, he ran out and turned in the wrong direction and heads toward the family room with all the toys. We bring him back in his room and he begins right away to resume the playtime. He, again, looks up at me and says he has to go potty. To give us some credit, he did smell like he might blow any minute, so we opened the door once again, believing that B was sincere. The moment he gets past his bedroom door, he 'books it' as fast as his little legs will pump to the family room, turns around and gives us a giant, cheesy grin like he just pulled off the biggest 'granddaddy' hoax. I turn around, walk into B's room where Trent is already laughing and we both try to hide how humorous Brenden looked and our obvious defeat being delivered to us by our 2 year old. Can't let him know that careful and cute trickery will get him out of the natural repercussions.
New count:
Brenden: 5
Nicole: 0
4 comments:
What a character! He makes ME laugh and I'm not even there! You'll have to read "the boy who cried wolf" to him someday! ha ha ha! That's great that he might be potty trained BEFORE the baby gets here! SWEET!
hahahaha that is awesome! I love Brenden!!!!
That's awesome! What a cutie! By the way, Bryson and I got BYU season tickets this year... finally! So, maybe we will see eachother at some games this fall!
Oh my...that is GOOD! Aren't little boys just the best?! Your little family is so cute. It is good to hear from you!
Post a Comment