Shocked that B wasn't trying to bang the door down while in the bathroom, I thought maybe he was acutally enjoying the kid movie that was playing to distract him. Nope...I should've known better. He found something better to distract him. He heard my footsteps coming down the hall and ducked his head into the lovesac. "Ohhh no", I thought, as I saw the bag of markers that I had used last night sitting next to him on the love sac. He happened to get the darkest marker and heaviest ink-gel ink. I hope it tasted extremely nasty to him as he tried a little lick. Luckily there is only a small mark on the lovesac, and the lovesac is so dark anyway that it is not readily noticeable. Be weary of silence from a 2 year old...


Another morning I caught him with another pen or electronic that he was not supposed to have and he had hid in his little burrow where "nobody can see him".

Later that day, again I found him in his "secret" hiding spot.

This time it was gum from my purse. This shot reminds me of what Steph, Ash and I were reminiscing about last weekend. As a kid Ashleigh would cover her eyes as she walked past us and she didn't want us to see her so she could escape somewhere or do something she shouldn't. So hard to 'find' kids when they have their eyes covered :) B is taking a peek to see if I'm still there, or whether I can see him.

On a lighter side, B really looks forward to when Dad comes home. Usually Trent calls on his way home and this day B and I tried to surprise Trent by catching him as he got out of the car.
B is excited!
No sign of him yet. B is on a careful watch.
Not distracted still...

Thinks he sees something....is it Dad??

Yep! There he is!!
Trent wants to say hi back to us...

...by hitting us with snowballs

He got the window twice. Good shot, honey.

Since I am with B during morning and afternoon, Trent usually spends his time with B at night and somehow it evolved into him doing the nighttime routine of putting on B's pjs, change diaper, and brush teeth. Sometimes the only way to brush B's teeth is to let B brush Trent's teeth at the same time. Hey, whatever will work.
B, Are you trying to show off your clean tongue or make a face at the camera? I'm going with showing off the clean tongue.
Trent was home so I felt safe to lock my door as I got ready one day. Looks like he still wanted to join me because a locked door is so much more interesting than an open one. He had climbed up on the magazine rack to reach our key holder, pulled down Trent's car keys, and attempted to unlock the door. When I saw this, I wanted to see if he was really tall enough and coordinated to put the keys in the lock, so I had him re-do it for me.
I'm not sure he even got on his tip toes.
Examining his fine work, but wondering why it still wasn't opening the door like he's seen it done with other doors.

Good job buddy!



3 comments:
Very Very cute! I can't believe our little boys are almost 2!
I just laughed and laughed at the 'silent' story...that is totally something Ally would have done! It's hard to get mad at them when they are just exploring!
oh, the joys of motherhood. never really getting to relax in the shower... always wondering what you are going to come out to.
Post a Comment