Friday, April 24, 2009

Just another day

Uploaded a bunch of photos from my camera phone and wanted to remember and record a few fun and memorable moments. Nice to find pieces of pure happiness in the normal, everyday things....like a casual stroll around the block. Grandpa got this stroller for Brenden's bday and we have already enjoyed it several times. It rides like a champ and B is very content in it. This was its 'virgin' run....that we just had to take even though it was getting really close to B's bedtime and a storm coming in. It was worth it though.


I guess B couldn't decide which 'toy' to play with. He wanted to be in his chair, but also have his airplane with him. Airplane is a little large, but that didn't stop B from trying to have it both ways.

When babysitting for my aunt's 7 kids, B had his 'special spot' that he loved to hide in and scare mom a bit. He loves places that are 'just his size'.



We also tried out Betsey Cannon's roll recipe and it was a hit. It makes a lot of rolls, but between the 7 kids, Trent, B and I, they didn't last longer than a couple of days.





B was a very good helper. He sat pretty still and didn't try to add any of his apple jacks to the dough.





I just took this photo cause as we were eating breakfast, I had his bib on the 'normal' way but somehow by the end of the bowl it had got turned around and looked more like a CAPE than a bib. My future "super dude".





When looking for toddler beds and dressers in anticipation for Kyleigh's arrival, B and I went to a store having a one day sale and I think B found a toddler bed that was just his size and cozy enough. He looked so comfortable there, I wanted to join him, but that probably wouldn't have been too appropriate.



One Friday evening, I told Trent I would plan our evening and not to come home after work, but to stay there and we would pick him up. I called his sister Tree who works at the airport to find out if there were any good places to park and get close to watch the airplanes take off and land. Trent's dad is a pilot so I knew he would enjoy instilling Brenden with a love for planes and flying. I made up a little picnic and we took off in time to pick up Trent when he finished work on Friday and went north one exit from Trent's work to the airport...found a nice spot to park in the golf course parking lot which was next to the airport and watched all the planes coming into SLC and taking off. There was only one Northwest airplane (the airline Trent's Dad worked for) so we made sure to take a photo of at least that one.
It was neat to try to imagine what this looked like in a little 2 year olds mind. See a huge machine roll up slowly on the tarmac, stop, get really loud and then start to disappear as it lifts up into the air. Pretty cool. The two boys looked like they had a good time together.



Somehow there were alot of books that kept finding their way into our room and kitchen and then forgetting how to go back to their 'home'. I stacked a bunch of books in the hallway as I went around collecting the 'strays' to put them back into the bookshelf, and being gone only for a little while, I go into the hall to find my nicely placed piles in disarray and the culprit still at the scene. He had pushed aside a few 'mom and dad' books to find a Mercer Mayer book. At least he knows what he likes.











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails