Today was the first day that Brenden went up with all the other kids from ages 3-11 to the front of the Chapel at Church to sing to me. He got the first line of the song right, then just kept moving his mouth up and down like he saw the chorister do in front of him, without any intelligible words coming out. But gosh, it was sweet. I didn't care if he got it all or one word right. He was excited to go up there. Looked like he at least tried, and came back afterward and gave me a big hug. That right there, was my favorite Mothers day gift.
He went with his Dad last night to get my present (I thought they were just going to the grocery store for some things before Sunday hit), and when they got home, he tried to show it to me when they got home, but Trent shuffled him to his room and commanded me not to follow Brenden or probe him...cause the little guy was bursting to tell me early. This morning, unbeknownst to Trent, right after Brenden woke up he grabbed the present and brought it in to me...without Trent or Kyleigh:). Trent said he was going to wrap it first, but little buddy got to it before he did and couldn't wait for anyone else. He had the biggest grin on his face when he brought me my very own bat. Yes, for many of you other mothers, a softball bat might not be the ideal Mother's day gift, but to me it showed alot of thought and consideration. I hadn't mentioned anything to Trent about it. I did tell him that when I practiced before my game on Friday, I didn't feel like I hit very well, but nothing about if only I had my own bat or a lighter one and not the guy one (it's a coed team). In my next game, I better have an excellent batting average. Brenden will be watching....with expectation. :)
Today after Church, he ran from his Primary room, wrapped his arms around my legs and handed me the following paper:
(Scan didn't pick up bottom line of crayon writing, so his says "I love to help my mom throw clothes in the washer". And my side says "My mom helps me eat all the food gone".
"Big" isn't always the word a woman likes to read in any reference to her body. Even if "big" is supposed to be tall.... I'm glad he didn't attempt to answer the "lbs" question, or maybe he did, and the teacher just didn't write it down...(especially if he used the same word).
He does like Oranges and he does help me put clothes into the washer; and it's true I do help him eat all his food and very much enjoy holding his tiny hand, but the colors of hair and eyes????
He knows all his colors...we've quizzed him on random things, even this morning. He told me there was black, blue and white on my bat. And he was right on. So I hope this was just some sort of comical version he thought up, cause wow......not pretty.
But I can't wait for tonights dinner. Trent called Courtney to get her recipe for Cinnamon Pancetta Carbonara. Soooooo good. If you ever want a great Italian dish, click here. (And to give you the insiders tip, here's what Court advises: "I always substitute the pancetta for bacon and do a little more so I do 10 slices. I also heat up the sauce for about 2 min before adding the noodles so the cheese melts. Then add the noodles. Once it's all cooked take it out of the pan or it will continue cooking and the eggs in the sauce will start to scramble. I hope it goes well!" Follow it! Cause she knows what she's talking about). It's my favorite dish that she makes, so that's why I choose it when Trent asked what I would like for dinner on Mothers Day.
Hope the rest of you Mothers have a wonderful Mothers day. (I may have to go find some red contacts and an orange wig. Surprise Brenden and see what he thinks) :)

No comments:
Post a Comment