Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vegas Biker Gang

When my family left for home on Wednesday after Brenden's party, we followed them down. Some Easter egg dyeing and hunting is nice to do when the threat of constant snow isn't constantly hovering overhead. And it was fun to get all 4 grandkids together again.
These 2 shared the bike trailer/stroller for our Gang ride.
Very nice of Abs to share her blanket. And for Steph to do all the work of pushing while I just snapped some shots. I think she also just took a photo of the girls and was sending it to her husband.

Biker Dudes. Brenden is winning.

Silly Poppy, the game of chicken is probably too advanced for a 4 year old.
Oh, missed.



Grandpa had stopped to smell the roses right before I took this shot. Maybe reminded him of his parents' house.

Handsome baby Jace. He seemed to enjoy the ride.
I got a smile!

Admiring Grandpa's ride.

Abby is such a little mover, so she was crawling all over the stroller and Kyleigh felt like the time was right to catch another ride.



Biker/Stroller Gang. Rough Riders.

Grandpa's favorite bike. At least one with a bell.

The weather was incredible the whole time we were there. Meals on the patio every night, bike rides before dinner, and short sleeves!!! Who knew such a thing could happen in April? (We woke up to layer of snow over everything on April 30th...yes, one day before May and we're still in the 30s).

I didn't capture one blasted clear shot of the 3 grandkids in the bath together. They sure enjoyed themselves together. And so did all the mommies.

Right before I went to pick Trent up from the airport, Brenden fell asleep watching a movie with Uncle Jared.

Maddy got thrown into the pool. First pool party of the year.

Grandpa and Brenden went on a duo ride and I guess Brenden didn't want to quit after one time around the block. They went a bit further, came back and were still riding circles once they got in the backyard. I think he rode one of the 3 bikes every day while we were visiting and sometimes all 3.



I seem to take alot of these. She isn't moving, so the picture won't be blurry, she isn't talking back to me, she is calm and happy. It makes me happy, so the camera seems to come out alot during these moments.
 Milk time for the 2 little maidens.

 Chicken Fried Steak. Most excellent.

 Nice to use the outdoor kitchen and not smell burning oil for the rest of the night indoors.




 Lookin good Gma.
 Chicken fried Steak was so good, it put Jared in a semi food coma.
 

Hope Jared paid his fare. 
A really cool ride. Just ask all the kids...from 4 years old to the 50 year old.




I also have video evidence of the 50 year old person on the yellow trike, but before it goes public, I better get permission first.





This Biker Gang has been around for years. Was established in the early 90s.



Scott on feeding baby duty. He did well, for the most part. He enjoys hanging around the little ones.
 

We measured all the grandkids on the wall, and Grandma is showing how much Brenden had grown in 2 years. No wonder the kid sleeps in till 8:30 some days....he's got alot of growing to do. (And I had bought size 4 jeans at the beginning of fall, believing that my 3 year old would do fine with wearing just one size above, but he was flooding them mid-way through winter so the 3 year old was wearing size 5 jeans so that he wouldn't be flooding the jeans that were supposed to be just fine. 

More milk. But this time with Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed in to give her an extra 100 calories. 

Dapper dude.

Kyleigh wanted to play with Gma and Jared. But they didn't bring a racket her size, so she had to go play on the kiddie slides and swings instead.

On their way to find some wicked slides. 

Oh yeah, and while we were there, we dyed some eggs. 


 Conventional style

 As well as non-conventional. Steph taught us how to silk tie-dye. Buy some silk ties at any thrift store. The uglier, the better, and wrap em good and then cover with white cloth-muslin i think-, and let them boil in vinegar for 5 minutes or so? She did it at a YW activity and then showed us. I could be wrong on the directions, but just google it and you'll find the right way. Anyhow, they turn out really cool looking.




And Court made some awesome cupcakes. She made the frosting and decorated it to look like real grass with eggs hiding...perfect Easter theme. And perfect to get all over little kids' faces. (Kyleigh is practicing ballet moves while drinking her milk. She's already a multi-tasker).

I have absolutely no idea how to make these....you'll have to ask her. Not sure if she's google-able, but I can get you her email if you need...cause they are GOOD and cool looking for any spring party.

1 comment:

Jordan and Jodi said...

I love the update! I love what your parents have done to their backyard...so family friendly! I'm going in to be in Vegas all of May and some of June....any plans for coming down? We could hang out! Let me know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails