Somebody else is excited to get the fire started. He kept begging to have the marshmallows now instead of waiting till after he cooks and eats his hot dog.
I took the kids to the river to wait till Trent got his logs ablaze.
I thought Kyleigh was going to be a wiry one to watch out for since she is usually so brazenly daring. But she was very cautious and didn't go any farther than where I was. A mothers worry I guess...where the kids are with cold, ice melt rushing water.
They ate quickly and returned to the river. K Mae keeping a close eye on Brenden. Maybe she should be more worried about all the leftovers she left on her face.
And Brenden, who is usually so cautious and careful, did not hesitate a bit to climb down to the rivers edge on a fat rock.
So many rocks to return to their native waters...

Chugging down on Grandpa's old cough medicine. What? No, we don't have any of that around, and especially not for the 1 year old, or any age for that matter. Geez people, it was just Root Beer. I didn't think she would like it due to the carbonation...but I was wrong.
Perfectly content with the new dining arrangements.
FINALLY, the kid got his mallow....inside a smore.
Too many layers for her, so she just got the marshmallow. And didn't mind one bit.
Our fine chef for the evening. He did a most excellent job. We will probably come back to this establishment again.
I would have enjoyed sitting around the campfire a bit longer, but these two just couldn't fathom having to sit in one place for 2 minutes put together.

They just kept taking turns leading each other to different parts of the canyon picnic area.
I think all that laundry you have to do immediately upon returning home is worth it.












No comments:
Post a Comment