Wednesday, October 24, 2012

1st day of school

(I'm running a little behind on the photos)
B started school and is now a full time student. Welcome to the big kids crowd. It started out great, then he had a few bumps, but he seems to be enjoying school again. He has a little more difficulties than most kids are having to deal with but part of his difficulty also keeps him shielded from fully understanding what's going on. At times I see the understanding shine through his eyes and it hurts the momma's heart. We have a different reality and goals for him with academics and socialization, and lucky for me, he can be very patient and forgiving. In my life, I have never seen a kid who can forgive a person so wholly and quickly as little B can. Small and serious offenses are forgotten and put away just as soon as he hears the words, "I'm sorry". It is most definitely one of his divine gifts.


Kyleigh found B's locker and was helping her 'brodder' out.


They begin each day with circle time. Go over the day of the week, announcements, counting and sometimes a show and tell. B usually takes awhile to warm up to the crowd.

Kid with a million dollar smile. After dropping him off and getting into the car after his first day, I was strapping Kyleigh into her seat and she asked me, "Where's Brenden?" With all the effort to prep Brenden for his new school and all that that entails, Trent and I had completely forgotten to tell Kyleigh that we were about to rip away her best bud for the better part of every weekday. This had never happened to her before. She was not too happy with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails