Thursday, October 18, 2012

While in Rochester, New York....

...You really should go check out Lake Ontario. Especially this beach. The sand bar goes on forever. Kyleigh and Brenden could just walk forever into the water before sinking. They loved it. I think it was called Durand Eastman. We may have lost Trent's wedding ring...in the sand...(think needle in a haystack)...and with more prayers than we can count, and help from some nice people who wanted to lend a hand, we found it. It might have taken a chunk out of our travel time, but it was time well worth it. A replacement wedding band is never the same as the one offered over the altar. I tried to pay the kid who found it, but his parents refused the money. They said it would take away from the service of it.






 Kyleigh Mae ready for some sun.

 They are pretty far out there

Kyleigh taking swim lessons in Lake Ontario. 

Couple of pals strollin the beach, letting the waves crash at their feet. 

I think they were still pals after Kyleigh stepped on his sand castle. He's a quick forgiver.

 Lake Erie is closer to us, but Lake Ontario is by far the better lake with the better beach. The sun sure shines a whole lot more in Rochester than in Akron. I always thought it was a great lake effect, but maybe not. It was a whole lot of fun visiting Palmyra, Waterloo, another Great Lake and Niagara Falls. Good memories.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails