I got a little excited with the patriotic reenactment that Brenden and I went to and skipped over our move. Should probably be documented as it is not a common nor normal thing to move your family and all belongings 1770+ miles away from all that is familiar. But we did so that Trent can attend school. We'll be here awhile and then hopefully make it back west. So far the people are really great here. It helps that my ward has an incredible amount of graduate students or students finishing residency so there is a healthy amount of little families who have been transplanted here. The downside to that is, you meet some great people but they'll be gone before you do and then just hope someone else moves in that can make the time slip past fast.
Kids are posing outside our hotel in Ogallala, NE. It was a sauna in this place. And Brenden needs to find some new shoes.
These guys need to find another advertising billboard. I think "Free Wifi" would help them more than "Color TV by RCA".
Original Pony Express Station in Gothenburg, Nebraska.
A rider's coat.
We saw alot of this for a good portion of the 3 day trip.
Had breakfast in Atkinson, Ill at Lisa's Place. Mom got a t-shirt. Nice, friendly folk.
Brenden was in an affectionate mood...
And worked on honing his photography skills.
After 3 days on the road, we pulled in around 8pm on Wed July 27th to our new "home". (Still doesn't feel quite like 'home' to me. Climate is different, grocery stores have different names, roads and homes are different than out West, but produce is much better.
Dad found a local Farmers Market. About 20 minutes from our driveway and they have excellent selection. I went home with what I thought would last us awhile...but the kids, Trent and I couldn't help ourselves. It hadn't been sitting in a truck for a few days in transport. The guys went across the street, picked it off the bush, vine or tree and brought it inside the 'barn' for us to bring home. This place also sold great lemonade, roasted corn, amish made corn nuts, fresh butter and some great carmel popcorn. The cheese dip for tortilla chips isn't that great, though. Skip that one and it makes for a really great selection of top quality farmers market food.
The inside. This is where I bought a tomato that was almost as big as Kyleigh's head.
If you're ever in the neighborhood, please stop by....door's open.















1 comment:
Glad your move went well! Wow! Only three days? We did it in 4 and still couldn't wait to get out of the car at the end of each day. But it was fun to be able to see some new places.
I don't know about you guys but Ohio just feels so different to us. Just so different than the West. We are adjusting though; but we still are looking forward to (hopefully) moving back "home" in a few years.
Hope it goes well for you! Hopefully we can see you guys sometime since we're only like 5 or so hours away!
I love your dark hair :D
Post a Comment