Once we got home, kissed Trent and slept in our own beds, Kyleigh woke up with this expression:
(a bit sad that we weren't in Vegas anymore).
So of course I took them to grab some ice cream at Chik fil a to distract them. (We're still learning about the importance of eating the ice cream before one devours the cone).
I'll be honest. This ice cream is better than any fast food joint. It has a decided 'dairy' flavor to it that makes it very refreshing and more 'honest' tasting.
Set up the 'Lone Ranger' for several hours of fun. I can't recall all the different objects the kids tried to bring over to use as a tunnel for the train.
A short drive over to the local farmers market, Szalay's, is always a fan favorite around here. Fresh squeezed lemonade and roasted corn is an especial treat.
Story time and Library are something that I will never get grumbling about when I suggest it as an activity for the kids. And lucky for Kyleigh, B will sit for her while she brings him some crazy lunch foods.
My Dad found this park when he first visited. It's near Green, OH, called Boettler park. Big, wide open space. And has the largest tire swing I've ever seen.
I think the kids have been successfully re-adjusted to their new climate and life as mid-westerners. (PS-who ever started calling Ohio the "mid-West" needs to go back to Geography 101. When you are 5 hours from the Atlantic Ocean and over 3 days from the Pacific....it's hardly in the middle or even close to "West". We are decidedly more East than West in geographic location on the USA map. These East coast kids sure are pretty lucky to experience both sides of our nation. It's pretty neat).










No comments:
Post a Comment