Sunday, September 15, 2013

Change

Lots of changes happening. Brenden begins another year of school. Kyleigh begins 5 day a week Preschool (last year was only 2 days a week). Trent begins his final year of Law School and thus begins our search for gainful employment. I'm in the last leg of my pregnancy and anticipating another great change to our family. Seems like after switching homes almost every year for our first 5 years of marriage, I should be used to change. Before Kyleigh turned 2 years old on August 2nd, 2011, she had lived in 4 different homes/apartments. We brought her home to the apartment in West Jordan, UT. Then we moved a few months after to a duplex in West Valley, UT. After a year, we moved when the downstairs couple moved, to a home all to ourselves in Lehi, UT. That was such a cool feeling to have the place to ourselves. To stomp on the floor, blast the TV, turn up the radio. But it was not to last long as we too soon packed everything back up and hauled it all to a new city I had never heard of before-Akron, Ohio. Within days of arriving in Ohio and only the kitchen put away and the front room cleared out, we celebrated Kyleigh's 2nd birthday.
Now, 2 1/2 years later, the kids have friends they may remember. Brenden got his first yearbook last year. He learned how to ride a bike in the Church parking lot and is about to lose his first tooth any day now. Kyleigh learned how to really talk and carry on a conversation in this place. She took Ballet and had her 1st Recital...and did excellent! I've made friends I hope to stay in contact with...even if it's only the yearly Christmas card letter/photo.
I'm cautiously optimistic that our next move will allow the kids to continue these trends with some permanent roots. I can't help but be excited about the prospect of choosing a paint color for my own wall, where to put in carpet and what kind to buy. To slowly put together a home that represents our family...a growing one that they'll be able to make so many more memories to look back on...all while constantly creating new ones.
The transient lifestyle is not for me. I'm glad this is not permanent and that I married a guy whose family is also on the West coast so that we may be at least within a day's driving distance to any one of them. These things are on the horizon and it's a little exciting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails