Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Food...and other edible items

Being pregnant, I have sudden cravings. These kids were the happy recipients of one of my cravings. We pulled into the West side Bakery just down the street from our neighborhood on Market St, so that I could have some type of freshly baked bread. I don't crave sweets, mostly bread, pasta, pizza, tortilla chips...anything with grains.
However, these two weren't in the mood for a croissant, they wanted a lemon sugar cookie and chocolate star. And I conceded.

 B had to help Kyleigh out with her lemon sugar cookie. (And neither of them finished their cookies. Trent had to perform that service).

While in Vegas, Dad was making pancakes and had some blueberries on hand. Brenden and I were the only takers when he asked who wanted some blueberries in their pancakes. I tried to replicate the tasty treat for the whole family back in Ohio, but Brenden was the only grateful one.

K wasn't a fan. Preferred the old style...with lots of syrup. (You usually have to refill her 'dipping' pile of syrup before she's finished with her pancake).

Trent loves jelly beans. Eats them while he's studying, going on a walk or hike with the kids, driving to school (although that has now been banned due to past events), and while watching a movie on the weekend. Sometimes he and the kids like to try to find certain flavors listed on the outside of the jar and see if they found the right one. I hear toasted marshmallow and almost any of the white ones are no good. But root beer is a fan favorite. 


Speaking of food and other edible items, I could have brought home some dinner on my way home one night. And the 10 cars in line behind me were probably contemplating the same thing after these guys just kept coming....and coming....and coming.....(there was still about the same number coming up behind the ones that you can actually see crossing the road. And they are slowwwww waddlers). 

On our way to the Orchard to pick some berries and peas, we stopped by the neighbors to see if they wanted to join. Turns out, Kyleigh wanted to stay and play with her friend, Sophia, and Brenden's friend wanted to come with us, so we did a little swap. I took the boys while the girls stayed with the neighbor. 

Tried to pick strawberries. But Brenden was no help. He threw more into his mouth than the carton. And I didn't do much to stop him. He was even downing all the snap peas on the other side of the orchard. 
Just be prepared to pick any and all berries you intend to bring home if you cart this kid to the local orchard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails