Monday, November 9, 2015

Brenden

9/4/14
Does a Mother ever stop worrying about her children? Will the concern for their well-being ever end?
Brenden is starting a new school year at a new school in a new city. Luckily, this new city has family members around...which help greatly with the transition and overall enjoyment and contentment with the new place. He has been transported to 3 different states and moved 7 times, almost 8 in another month. I do not quite fully understand what that might do to a child in their youth. I'm told they are resilient. And I believe that...Kyleigh has adapted well and seems to enjoy her surroundings. I do not know about Brenden. I had to fill out paperwork for the school physiciatrist and I keep thinking about the box I checked under 'hard to discipline'. He does not work like many other kids. There is a place he seems to go to when he is in trouble and does not want to obey. And no matter what the punishment I warn him he will receive, he will disobey anyway.
He responds favorably to love, and he 'checks out' when he feels chastisement coming. I am not sure how to correct his behavior the best way. There is always yelling, threatening, time out and revoking of privileges, but I wonder if there is a different way to get through to him quicker.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails